Friday, October 9, 2009

A WALK IN THE WILDERNESS

The land here is exquisite. In spite of the last month of stress and indecision, I am glad I am here living almost off the grid. It is hard sometimes. It takes time to haul the water needed for washing dishes, the solar shower, and other needs. It also takes planning, so everything is done before dark: the visits to the outhouse, the solar shower before the water grows cold, and I must admit I am a little timid to be roaming around in the dark on this land so far from civilization.

Work has been hard to find with a lot of bumps and curves and disappointments. I start a new job on Tuesday, and it is a good one where I can apply myself and make enough money to supply my needs for growing old. I am still working on my three books that I will submit to the agent in New York City I want to represent me. And, then, it is waiting for the right agent, the right offer.

Until then, I will be distracted by working. However, if you consider it is to build my future how exciting is that?

Alone in the dark,
Lia

No comments: